Unlike the Royal Wedding where money is no object many brides-to-be are budget conscious and are often looking for DIY wedding centerpiece ideas.
The Bowdabra Design Team created an easy wedding centerpiece that will add glam, sparkle, and magic to the wedding reception tables. The following Bowdabra tutorial helps you to dress the table with an elegant do-it-yourself formal centerpiece.
- Bowdabra ®
- Bowdabra ® Bow Wire
- Square Mirror
- Small Wide Vase
- Darice Submersible Tea Lights
- Glass Rocks
- Morex © Ribbon 5/8” Blue Satin #08403/10s-201
- Morex © Ribbon 7/8” Cream Satin #08405/6-112
- Morex © Ribbon2 2 ¾” White Sheer #91840-601
- Clear Nail Polish
- Glue Dots or Hot Glue
1. Using glue dots attach the sheer and then the cream satin ribbon to the back of the mirror.
2. To make the bow for the Wedding Centerpiece: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end. Cut several pieces of sheer ribbon. Cut the ends into a point. Seal the ends of the ribbon with clear nail polish. Fold the ribbon in half to form a crease. Place the ribbon at the crease mark into the center of the Bowdabra.
3. Cut a piece of satin ribbon. Cut the ends into a point and seal them with clear nail polish. Fold the ribbon strand in half to form a crease. At the crease mark place the ribbon into the center of the Bowdabra.
4. Seal the end of another strand of ribbon with clear nail polish. Lay the ribbon into the Bowdabra.Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop fold and press into the Bowdabra. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have a total of six loops. Cut the ribbon from the spool, leaving about an inch.
5. Scrunch ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the BowdabraBow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
6. Seal the end of the ribbon with clear nail polish. Then using a glue dot fold and press the ribbon down covering the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fluff bow.
7. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the bow onto the ribbon, on the front of mirror. Twist the Bowdabra Bow Wire around a pen for fun ringlets.
8. To complete center piece place a small wide vase filled with glass rocks, water, and submersible tea light onto the mirror.
The ribbon color scheme we chose is perfect for a beach themed wedding, however, the centerpiece is very versatile just choose the color scheme that best matches your wedding theme.