Create Beautiful Decorations for that Special Occasion with
Bowdabra, The Perfect Tool!
How to Make Ribbon Wands
Our Bowdabra Design Team created an awesome tutorial for making ribbon wands easily and quickly. Ribbon wands are fun and versatile. Ribbon wands can be a dramatic and elegant way to celebrate a new bride and groom coming down the aisle, leaving the church, or entering the reception hall.
However, ribbon wands are perfect for little girls playing fairy princess, running around the yard watching the ribbon streamers dance in the wind, or even as a birthday party craft.
1. Begin first by gathering the materials you will need. To find screw eye picture hangers visit your local hardware store.
2. Next. cut a small piece of 3/8? wide satin ribbon and fold it over the end of the pencil to cover it.
3. Then hot glue one end of the ribbon and wrap it entirely around the pencil till you reach the eraser end.
4. Begin to screw the picture hanger into the eraser.
5. Screw the picture hanger all the into the eraser so that no screw threads are showing.
6. Cut 2yds of 1.5? wide sheer ribbon. Seal the ends of the sheer ribbon with clear nail polish to keep it from fraying. Once, the nail polish is dry thread the ribbon through the screw eye picture hanger.
7. Use the Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler to make a bow for the top of the wand. Lay the ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end. Next, cut a piece of 6? long sheer ribbon and dovetail the ends. Seal with clear nail polish and lay it onto the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold the sheer ribbon back and forth to create loops. Bottom loops should be 3?, next loops 2?, and final loops 1.5?. Once loops are formed cut the ribbon from the spool.
9. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
11. Fluff the bow and using the Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the bow to the screw eye hanger. Using a pencil wrap the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire around it to create fun ringlets.
12. For weddings, baby showers, and birthdays make several wands and place them into a vase as a table centerpiece. Guests can remove the wands and use them during party and take home as party favors.
We love this craft because using simple inexpensive items like screw eye hangers and pencils the wands are very inexpensive. Perfect for budget-friendly weddings, baby showers, or even kid’s birthday parties! If children are making the wands we recommend using tacky glue or glue dots instead of a hot glue gun.
The Hair Bow Tool and Ruler easily fits over the Mini Bowdabra. Bowdabra Ribbons Crafts & Things Store sells the items individually or you can purchase the Hair Bow Creator Pack which comes with the Mini Bowdabra, Hair Bow Tool, & Ribbon.