Children can help welcome autumn with these easy to design tissue paper Indian corn decorations. Create these unique Indian corns perfect to hang on the wall or front door. Kids will have so much fun scrunching tissue paper and gluing the small pieces onto cardstock. Make several Indian corns and add an autumn bow to complete the kid’s fall decor craft project.
- Yellow Cardstock
- Brown, Orange, Yellow Tissue Paper
- White Craft Glue
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Brown Ribbon
- Copper Ribbon
- Hole Punch
1. Begin by cutting yellow cardstock into a corn shape. Gather brown, orange, and yellow tissue paper.
2. Cut small strips of tissue paper. To cut many strips at one time fold the tissue paper several times and then make several cuts.
3. Scrunch the tissue paper into small pieces.
4. Place a bead of white glue along the cardstock edge and begin to place tissue paper onto it.
5. Continue placing tissue paper along the yellow cardstock.
6. Let dry.
7. Once the project is dry hole punch three holes at the end.
8. Thread several strips of raffia through the holes. Take another strip of raffia and tie it all together.
Optional: Follow Steps 1-8 to make another Indian Corn.
9. Optional: Add a bow to the Indian Corn Decoration using the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
11. Cut a strip of ribbon and dovetail both ends of the ribbon: fold the ribbon in half lengthwise. Position your scissors at the folded edge of the ribbon and cut the end at a 45 °angle. Unfold your ribbon and you have a professional, finished look to your ribbon tails. Place the ribbon into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
12. Place a coordinating colored ribbon’s end into the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
13. Form a loop and press the ribbon into the center of the Mini Bowdabra. Continue folding the ribbon and formin
g loops on either side. Cut away ribbon once loops are formed.
14. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
15. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
16. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
17. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
18. Tie the bow to the raffia tails. Form a loop at the back with the Bowdabra Bow Wire to hang the project.
19. Hang the Indian Corn as a Fall Decoration.
Bowdabra is a proud sponsor of Crafters 4 Kids and this craft tutorial is also available on
Go ahead and click the “I’ve Been Featured” photo. Copy the code that comes in the pop-up and paste in your blog. It will link back to the post which has your featured project.