Homemade kids birthday party favors can save money and can be lots of fun to make. Create these easy kids party favors using white chalk, scrap ribbon, and craft feathers. Combine the materials together to make little fake birthday candle favors. These simple to make party gifts will fit any party theme, change the ribbon to fit either a boy or girl party, and best of all children can take their favors outside and enjoy some chalk art.
- White Chalk
- Scrap Ribbon (Thin Width Satin, Bobbin, & Grosgrain)
- Small Elastics
- Hot Glue or Tacky Glue
- Craft Feathers (orange and yellow)
1. Begin with white chalk. I found mine at the Dollar Store in their office supplies aisle.
2. Next, using a small elastics combine 7 chalks together to form one party favor. Make several favors.
3. Gather scrap ribbon. Find ribbon that will fit the party theme and color scheme. I made some favors for a boy’s party and some favors for a girl’s party.
4. Cut strips of ribbon to attach to the top, middle, and bottom. Hold the ribbon in place with glue. Glue the ribbon together but do not glue it to the chalk. – This way kids can remove the ribbon to easily get to the chalk pieces.
5. Attach 2 feathers in between the chalk at the top. I used yellow and orange feathers to make it look like a small flame.
6. Trim the feathers with scissors to look like a flame on a candle.
7. I created some birthday party favors for a boy’s party, as well.
8. Place favors on the party table, in gift bags, or let kids make their own favors as a birthday party craft.