Learn how to make a Mini Bowdabra bow and add floral accents like small silk flowers. This style bow is perfect for scrapbooking, cardmaking, or adding to small gifts. Bowdabra Designer Kitty of Kitty’s Crafts shares how to make a gorgeous Mini Bowdabra bow in her step-by-step tutorial below.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Silver Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 5/8″ Sheer Ribbon
- 3″ wide Tulle
- 2 Small Flowers with wire stems
1. Begin with all the materials needed to make the bow.
2. Next, cut Bowdabra Bow Wire 18″ long. Fold the wire in half and place into the Mini Bowdabra. Optional: Leave the wire long instead of folding in half. Tuck the ends of the wire under the Mini Bowdabra to keep them out of the way.
3. Place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra leaving a 2.5″ long tail. Dovetail the end of the ribbon. Fold press loops creating equal loops on each side. Cut a 2.5″ long tail (dovetail) on the other side.
4. Using 3″ wide sheer tulle scrunch it down like an accordion into the center of the Mini Bowdabra. Trim from spool once you feel like you have enough tulle in the center.
5. Place a small flower in the center of the Mini Bowdabra. Place the wire on one side the flower close to the center of the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Place a second flower into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Optional: If you have one long strand of Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the wire together. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Your bow is complete and ready to be placed on a card, scrapbooking layout, or gift. Spiral the remaining wire with a pencil for fun ringlet or trim away excess.