Make this SWEET lollipop turkey wreath with your kids this Thanksgiving. Use items that you already have at home like paper plates, lollipops, and craft foam or construction paper. This simple craft is fun for children of all ages! Decorate your home with this turkey wreath or make and give as a gift to family members.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra ® Bow Wire
- Paper Plate
- Foam or Constructions Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Wire Ribbon
- Glue Dots
Check our store for all of the above supplies!
1. Cut the inside of the paper plate out. Color the paper plate brown and hole punch about an inch apart. Hole punch and run ribbon at the top for hanger.
2. Using foam cut out a turkey head and turkey feet. Attach a face to the turkey head.
3. Attach lollipop sticks through one hole and out through the other. Continue threading lollipop sticks throughout the paper plate. Using glue dots attach the head and feet to the back of the plate.
4. To make the bow for the turkey wreath: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
5. Lay your ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire.
7. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
9. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow
. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
11. Fluff your bow and attach it to the ribbon hanger.