Do you enjoy making handmade Christmas gifts? How about receiving them? I personally love to make and to receive handmade gifts at Christmas and anytime of the year. If I let time slip away I can easily find myself scrambling to put together gifts for people. One of my favorite quick fix craft gifts every year is Snowman Soup. We even call our homemade hot cocoa mix, Snowman Soup. Below is the recipe for my homemade hot cocoa mix. For this craft, you can purchase a premade mix or make a large batch of my mix and you’ll always have it on hand to whip up quick gifts.
Snowman Soup Hot Cocoa Mix
1 large container of powdered creamer
1 large container of Nestle’s Quik powder mix
1 lb powdered sugar
1 small box of powered milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl or jar with a lid.
Top your cocoa with whipped topping, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg or powdered sugar. Cinnamon sticks, peppermint sticks, mini marshmallows and Hershey Kisses are wonderful additions to this drink and create “Snowman Soup.”
Snowman Soup Gift Tag
- Snowman Soup label (feel free to copy the below label into your word program and print it off)
- holiday craft papers
- double sided tape
- stickers, stamps and other holiday embellishments
- hole punch
- mini marshmallows
- Hershey Kisses
- Cellophane gift bag or Wilton clear frosting bag
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Various Christmas Ribbons
- More Christmas Ribbons
Hand write or print off the below saying.
Was told you’ve been real good this year.
Always glad to hear it!
With freezing weather drawing near,
You’ll need to warm the spirit.
So here’s a little Snowman Soup
Complete with stirring stick.
Add hot water, sip it slow.
It’s sure to do the trick!
1. Cut it to size and layer it on fun holiday papers, securing with a tape runner. Add a snowman sticker or stamp.
2. Cut 24”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it and place it into the Mini Bowdabra. Take 18″ of a holiday ribbon and add 3″ into the Mini Bowdabra, pattern side up.
3. Continue to loop the ribbon back and forth in the Mini Bowdabra. Twist at the center to keep the pattern facing upward.
4. Once all the ribbon is in the Mini Bowdabra, squish down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra wand. Pull up the Bowdabra Wire and string on a jingle bell. Pull up the Bowdabra Wire and tie off the bow. Don’t cut off the extra wire.
6. Add 15 mini marshmallows, 3/4 cup of Snowman Soup Hot Cocoa mix, 3 Hershey Kisses to a cellophane gift bag or a clear frosting piping bag.
7. Tie bow around the Snowman Soup, add candy cane, hole punch tag and tie it to th
e bag with the extra Bowdabra Wire.
Click here for more Handmade Christmas Gift ideas?