These adorable curly ribbon clips are simple, even kids can make them. They do require some assistance but can be arranged by little hands. My nieces love these fun clips especially when there are two. You could even arrange the clip on a bag of goodies. All you need is patience.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 3/8″ wide Grosgrain ribbon
- Alligator clips
- Clothes pins
- Wooden Dowels
1. Gather wooden clothes pins and dowels.
2. Wrap pieces of grosgrain ribbon around your wooden dowels and secure with wooden clothespins.
3. Bake at 250 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. When ribbon has cooled, remove the clothes pins and gently remove ribbon. Cut the ribbon into pieces 3-4” long.
4. Next, cut 18” of Bowdabra Bow Wire and place into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Start placing each piece of curly ribbon onto the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Use about 20-25 pieces of different colored curly ribbon. The fuller, the better.
7. Scrunch down the ribbon by using the Mini Bowdabra wand.
8. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the ribbon tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Glue a piece of grosgrain ribbon onto an alligator clip.
10. Tie the clip onto the curly ribbon bow and cut the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
11. Make a second curly ribbon bow so your daught
er, sister, niece or granddaughter could wear pigtails. Another idea is to attach the clip to a bag of goodies and hand out to your child’s friends. There are so many fun ideas you can do with curly ribbon clips. Make one for each holiday.