Using the Mini Bowdabra and Hair Bow Tool & Ruler design matching pink and black little girls bows. These bows are perfect for special occasions like being a flower girl for a wedding – or anytime of the year. Attach the bows to a headband or any hair bow hardware. We invite you to follow our step-by-step Bowdabra hair bow tutorial below:
- (3) 4″ wide sparkle tulle
- 1.5″ wide satin ribbon 22″ long
- 3/8″ wide pink satin ribbon 40″ long
- 3/8″ wide white satin ribbon 40″ long
- (5) 3/8″ wide black satin ribbon 4″ long
- (5) 3/8″ wide polka dot satin ribbon 4″ long
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Hair Bow Hardware
- Pinking Sheers
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make the hair bows. Next, place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half, place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Cut the tulle into three 4″ strips using pinking sheers. Press the tulle into the Mini Bowdabra – use the ruler as a guide.
3. Cut 1.5″ wide 22″ long, fold the ribbon in half to create a crease mark. At the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. To make a Boutique Bow fold the ends over to create an “x”.
5. Press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create bow loops. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. Thread the two wire ends through the loop.
7. Pull the wire tightly.
8. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and tie the wire tightly to the back.
9. Fluff the bow.
10. Follow the instructions to make a matching bow. This is the bottom of your bows.
11. To make the top of the bow place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra. Place the ends of 3/8″ wide ribbon, 40″ long into the Mini Bowdabra. Place a 4″ ribbon spray on top.
12. Fold each ribbon at the 1.5″ mark and add a spray. Continue to fold the loops and add the sprays. Add 8 sprays and fold all 40″ of ribbon.
13. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Thread the two wires through the loop. Pull the wire tightly.
14. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and tie the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly to the back of the bow.
15. Follow the instructions to make a matching top bow.
16. Use the wire to tie the top and bottom bows together. Trim away excess wire and glue a finishing ribbon around the matching bows.
17. Add hair bow hardware to each bow and they are ready to be worn.