Create a patriotic kids sun visor; perfect for 4th of July parades, Independence Day picnics, a day at the beach before a night of fireworks, or just some fun in the sun! We found our sun visor at the Dollar Store and then embellished it with Morex Bobbin Ribbon and finished with a ruffled ribbon removable hair bow.
- Kids Cloth Sun Visor
- American Flags Bobbin Ribbon
- Stars and Strips Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Silver Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Ruffled Ribbon
- Dritz Stitch Witchery Fusible Bonding Web
1. Begin by adhering the Morex Bobbin American Flag ribbon to the sun visor. Use fusible bonding web according to the manufactures instructions and iron it on to the cloth sun visor.
2. Create a loop with the Stars & Strips ribbon that will slide tightly onto the sun visor. Attach the loop to the sun visor.
3. To create the removable hair bow for the sun visor first begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut a piece of 18? Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. The Hair Bow Tool & Ruler allows you to measure your hair bows and comes with an interactive CD with step-by-step instructions to make 70 different hair bows. Follow the CD’s instructions to make a Quad Loop Pinwheel Bow.
5. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
7. Bring the bow right-side-up and fluff. Next, line an alligator clip with Stars & Strips ribbon.
8. Attach the bow to the alligator clip with the Bowdabra Bow Wire and use a finishing ribbon to cover the wire.
9. The hair bow can be worn separately or attached to the sun visor.
10. To attach the bow to the sun visor, just clip it onto the Stars & Strips loop.
To make an adult size 4th of July Sun Visor follow the same instructions just purchase a larger style sun visor.
The Hair Bow Tool and Ruler easily fits over the Mini Bowdabra. Bowdabra Ribbons Crafts & Things Store sells the items individually or you can purchase the Hair Bow Creator Pack which comes with the Mini Bowdabra, Hair Bow Tool, & Ribbon.