Visit our Bowdabra Blog Tutorial for making easy polymer clay butterflies perfect for hair bow centers. Next, attach the clay centers to the hair bows using Bowdabra Bow Wire and the baked in jump ring.
1. First begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut a piece of 18? Bowdabra Bow Wire fold it in half and place it inside of the Mini Bowdabra. You will have a loop at one end and two tails at the other.
2. We created a 4? wide Boutique Bow following the instructional CD that comes with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler. We used both a ruffled ribbon and a sheer ribbon stack on top of each other and folded into place to create 2? loops.
3. We then added some ribbon sprays; each end cut at a point and sealed with clear nail polish.
4. Lastly, we added a small 3? wide Sheer Polka Dotted Boutique Bow. Then we scrunched the bow down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
5. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
7. Then using the jump ring that was baked into the clay butterfly we attached the butterfly to the center of the bow.
9. Then we tied the butterfly tightly to the center of the bow and brought the wire around to the back.
10. Lastly we attached a ribbon lined alligator clip to the back of the bow using the Bowdabra Bow Wire and trimmed away the excess.
Our finished hair bow with a butterfly clay center!
Alternative: Make a 4? wide Basic Bow with two different colored ruffled ribbons and attach a flying butterfly clay center by tying Bowdabra Bow Wire to the baked in jump rings.
The Hair Bow Tool and Ruler easily fits over the Mini Bowdabra. Bowdabra Ribbons Crafts & Things Store sells the items individually or you can purchase the Hair Bow Creator Pack which comes with the Mini Bowdabra, Hair Bow Tool, & Ribbon.