Does your little guy or gal love catching bugs? My children love to go outside and turn over rocks in search of bugs and creepy crawly insects. Several summers ago, when my son was playing outside a butterfly flew towards him and landed right on his hand. The butterfly stayed long enough for me to go inside grab my camera, run outside, and capture a few shots of them together. I love the pictures of the butterfly on his hand and I wanted to find a unique way to showcase them. I thought a decorative bug holder was the perfect way!
2. Remove the bug holder’s door and paint both the holder and the door. Paint and let dry.
3. Decoupage photos and lettering onto the bug holder using Mod Podge and a foam brush.
4. Let the Mod Podge dry.
5. Add a bow to the bug holder with 7/8” grosgrain ribbon and Let’s Play Bobbin Ribbon.
6. To make the bow for the top of the bug holder: Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut an 18” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half.
7. Cut a piece of 7/8” grosgrain ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half at the center mark place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Fold the ribbon to create a 2” loop.
9. Create a 2” loop on the other side.
10. Fold the ribbon again to create two more 2” loops. Dovetail the ends of the ribbon.
11. Add a Let’s Play Bobbin Ribbon spray into the Mini Bowdabra.
12. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
13. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
14. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra.
15. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
16. Fluff the bow and tie it onto the top of the bug holder.
17. Your summer memories bug holder is ready to be displayed or given as a gift.