Create Beautiful Decorations for that Special Occasion with
Bowdabra, The Perfect Tool!
Thanksgiving Ribbon Napkin Rings Tutorial
It can get expensive buying plates and table cloths to use for one day out of the year, so when planning your Thanksgiving table, make a set of festive ribbon napkin rings to dress up your regular china. By bringing in the green, brown, gold, and orange colors of the season, it is easy to have a pretty Thanksgiving table without spending a lot of money.
This idea is a wonderful way to recycle old or use mismatched napkin rings! The napkin rings I used were old brass ones I’ve had forever, but any napkin ring you have will work.
For EACH napkin ring, you’ll need:
-A napkin ring
-7/8 inch grosgrain ribbon
-A fall florist pick (I used pieces from an old fall arrangement)
-Hair Bow Tool and CD
-Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
-Wood burning tool, fray check, or clear nail polish for sealing ends.
1. Start by wrapping the entire napkin ring with ribbon until it is completely covered with ribbon. Glue to secure.
2. Make a little bouquet of fall leaves, pumpkins. berries, or florals. If you are using a single pick, trim it to size. Set aside for now.
3. Cut 18 inches of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold in half, and place in the Mini Bowdabra that already has the Hair Bow Tool on it.
4. Make a 3 inch wide basic bow with 4 loops and tails. Leave the ribbon on the spool, but unroll a long piece. Fold in half to find the center and place center into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Make one loop on the left that is 1 1/2 inches long. Note that the end of this loop should be facing up on the other side of the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Take the other end piece of ribbon on the right side of the Mini Bowdabra and make another loop that is 1 1/2 inches long. As you can see, both ends of the ribbon are facing up.
7. Fold the free end of the first loop to make the 3rd loop. Note the ribbon end is facing down.
8. Fold the final loop. Both ends are facing down.
9. Scrunch this bow with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
10. Leave the bow in the Mini Bowdabra for now. Thread the 2 loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the wire tightly so the bow will not fall apart, then remove from the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. Double knot, then trim excess wire.
11. Cut a small piece of ribbon and tie in a loose knot. Wrap it around the center
of the bow and glue to secure. Also trim and dove tail ends. Seal in your preferred method.
12. Glue fall pick and bow onto the napkin ring.
Place napkin into the ring and enjoy it on Thanksgiving!