This week on our Bowdabra Blog we are focusing on Holiday Decor. Create a gorgeous Christmas Ribbon Flower Ball using our 2? wire ribbon with fun holiday colors and GLITTER! These hanging ribbon flower balls will look elegant in windows, entry ways, mantles, or doors. We chose green, red, and gold glitter wire ribbon, using poinsettias as our inspiration, for this Christmas hanging decoration.
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Red Wire Ribbon with Green Glitter Swirls
- Spring Moss Wire Ribbon with Gold Glitter Swirls
- Gold Wire Ribbon with Gold Glitter Dots
- 7/8 Red Grosgrain Ribbon
- Straight Pins
- 4? Styrofoam Ball
- Hot Glue Gun (optional)
1. To begin gather all the materials you will need. I used Christmas Wire Ribbon.
2. Cut several strands of assorted wire ribbon about 10? long. Cut the ends of the ribbon so that they are at a point.
3. To make an individual poinsettia flower bow for the Christmas decoration first cut an 18? piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
4. Fold the wire ribbon in half at the crease mark place the wire ribbon strand into the Bowdabra. I began first with green ribbon to look like green poinsettia leaves. I place several strands of the green wire ribbon into the Bowdabra.
5. Next, add red ribbon strands (I added 5 strands) and then finish with the gold ribbon (I added 3 strands).
6. Scrunch ribbon down with the Bowdabra Wand.
7. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
8. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
9. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
10. Fluff the bow into the shape of a poinsettia flower. Then using a straight pin, pin the ribbon flower onto the Styrofoam ball. Twirl the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire around a pencil to make fun ringlets. Optional: Place hot glue on the straight pin before pinning it into the Styrofoam for an extra snug fit.
11. Make several ribbon poinsettia flowers and pin them all around the Styrofoam ball.
12. Finish with some ribbon flowers on the top and bottom.
13. To hang the Christmas Ribbon Flower Ball cut a piece of red grosgrain ribbon and dovetail the ends. Knot the ribbon toward the end to form the hanger.
14. Use hot glue and a straight pin to hold the ribbon in place.
15. Hang your Christmas Ribbon Flower Ball decoration in your home.