I love using candy canes in my holiday decorating. Candy canes are pretty, inexpensive, and after the holidays they are a yummy treat. I use candy canes on wreaths, centerpieces, and even with apples for reindeer decorations. Creating this candy cane centerpiece is simple, inexpensive and I purchased most of the items I needed at the Dollar Store. Bowdabra Craft Tools and ribbon are available at most craft stores and online at Bowdabra Ribbon, Crafts & Things Store.
1. Fill a small vase 2/3 of the way full of glass beads.
2. Arrange candy canes inside of the vase. Use the glass beads to help the candy canes stand up.
3. Place a large floral picks into the center of the vase. Use the glass beads to hold them upright.
4. Tie a piece of ribbon around the vase. Dovetail the ends of the ribbon: fold the ribbon in half lengthwise. Position your scissors at the folded edge of the ribbon and cut the end at a 45 °.
5. To make the bow for the Candy Cane Centerpiece: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra.You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
6. Lay your ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops.To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire.
8. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
10. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow.To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow.Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
12. Fluff your bow and attach an ornament to the center using the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
13. Attach the bow to the ribbon around the vase. Spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire with a pencil for fun ringlets.
14. Your Candy Cane Centerpiece is ready to be displayed at your home for Christmas.