This entire month the Bowdabra Blog will sharing craft tutorials for making handmade gifts, along with gift wrapping ideas, and home decorating tips and projects for the holidays.
2. Paint the coasters front and back. Do not paint cork. Let dry.
3. Using old Christmas cards or scrapbooking paper cut out small holiday shapes to decoupage on the coasters.
4. Begin by placing a layer of decoupage on the front of the coasters.
5. Lay your pictures onto the coaster and spread another coat of decoupage. Let dry.
6. Once decoupage is dry on the front repeat the process for the back of the coasters. Let dry. Spray the coasters with a clear glaze if desired, once dry.
7. Tie coasters together with twine.
8. To make the bow for the coasters: Cut a 24” piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Lay it into the Mini Bowdabra. You’ll have a loop at one end and two loose pieces at the opposite end.
9. Cut a piece of ribbon to make bow tails. Dove-tail the ends of ribbon by folding your ribbon in half and cutting at a 45 degree angle.
10. Lay your ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Decide how big you want your loops. To make your first loop, fold the ribbon and press into the Mini Bowdabra.
11. Continue folding the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you desire.
12. Scrunch ribbon down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
13. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the BowdabraBow Wire through the loop at the other end.
14. Pull the BowdabraBow Wire t
ightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
15. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
16. Fluff your bow and attach it to the top of the twine. Spiral the remaining BowdabraBow Wire with a pencil for fun ringlets.