Learn how to make this holiday jingle bell that can be hung on a door, mantle, or entry way. This beautiful Christmas bell can be given as a holiday gift or made for your own home. To make the holiday jingle bell I found a small bell-shaped lamp shade at a local store for under $4.00. I painted and embellished the lamp shade to transform it into an adorable holiday jingle bell.
- Small Bell-Shaped Lamp Shade
- Assorted 3/8? Ribbon
- Green 7/8? Ribbon
- Wire Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
- Metallic Gold Spray Paint
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin with a small bell-shaped lamp shade.
2. Spray paint the lamp shade with metallic gold paint. Let dry.
3. Using hot glue attach assorted ribbon around the lamp shade.
4. Optional: Attach gems or buttons to the bell in a pattern along the top.
5. Cut a piece of 3/8? ribbon to use as a hanger for the bell. Attach the ribbon to the inside of the lamp shade.
6. Cut strands of ribbon for streamers and also to be used to attach the jingle bell.
7. Thread the jingle bell on one ribbon and tie it to the center of the lamp shade. Attach the other ribbons as streamers. Tie everything to the center of the lamp shade.
8. To make the bow for the bell place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on top of the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18? of Bowdabra Bow Wire fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
9. Cut a piece of wire ribbon long enough to form the bow’s tails. Fold the ribbon in half at the crease mark press it into the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra and form your first loop. Use the ruler to create a 2.5? long loop.
11. Continue folding ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you want. The last loop should be smaller than all the others, this is your finishing loop.
14. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
15. Fluff the bow and spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire around a pencil to create fun ringlets.
16. Hot glue the bow onto the front of the holiday jingle bell.