Christmas tree garland is pretty and plentiful during the holidays. Reuse some old garland or purchase inexpensive new garland to use as wrapping for the holidays. Garland can easily be wrapped around containers to create a unique and festive holiday present. We used a washed, recycled ice cream carton as our container to make this fun Christmas present wrapping.
- Christmas Tree Garland
- Recycled Ice Cream Carton
- Hot Glue Gun
- Christmas Tree Ornament (optional)
1. Begin with a recycled ice cream container. Wash and thoroughly dry the container before using.
2. Using hot glue attach garland to the lid of the ice cream carton.
3. Hot glue garland around the rim of the ice cream carton’s lid.
4. Wrap garland around the ice cream container and hot glue it in place.
5. You now have a finished garland gift box with base and lid.
6. Optional: Attach an ornament to the lid of the gift box. Either tie the ornament to some garland on the lid or tape the string to the inside of the lid.
7. Line the gift box with tissue paper, place the gift inside, and close the gift box. Your unique Christmas tree garland gift box is complete!