Bring a bottle of wine, cider, or sparkling juice to a holiday party. Wrap the bottle in a knit stocking to create an easy and elegant gift wrap. Purchase little girls knit stockings, cut the legs of the knit stockings and you instantly have gift wrap for two bottles. Bring gift wrapped bottles as a hostess gift or even as a festive holiday gift for under the Christmas tree.
- Knit Tights
- Wine, Sparkling Juice, or Cider
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 2.5? Glitter Dots Red and Silver Wire Ribbon
- 2.5? Glitter Dots Black and Silver Wire Ribbon
- Pinking Sheers
1. Begin with a bottle.
2. Next, purchase or recycle clean little girls knit tights.
3. Remove a leg from the knit stocking with pinking sheers.
4. Place the bottle inside of the stocking. Twist and tie the end of the stocking to hold the bottle in tightly.
5. To make the bow for the bottle: Cut a 24? piece of Bowdabra Bow Wire. Fold the wire in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
6. Cut two strands of wire ribbon and dovetail the ends. Fold the ribbon strands in half at the crease mark place them into the Bowdabra.
7. Place the ribbon end into the Bowdabra. Fold and twist the wire ribbon into the Bowdabra to create the first loop.
8. Continue folding and twisting the ribbon back and forth until you have created as many loops as you want.
9. Next, place the end of red wire ribbon into the Bowdabra.
10. Continue folding and twisting the wire ribbon making the loops smaller as you go.
11. Scrunch the bow down with the Bowdabra Bow Wand.
12. Then thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
13. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot.
14. Fluff the bow and attach it to the neck of the bottle.