Yesterday, I created tutorial showing a unique way to make ribbon style leaves. I absolutely love the way the ribbon leaves sit on the a French clip and the versatility of the tutorial. Today, as promised, I am going to show you how to create the ribbon leaves and add a glam winter centerpiece.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side)
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 3/8? Wide Royal Blue Satin Ribbon
- Black Stiff Felt
- White Acrylic Paint
- Snowflake Charm or Button
- Rhinestone Setter or Gem Glue
- French Hair Clip
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Begin by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler metric side onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18? of Bowdabra Bow Wire fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Follow the instructions for making the ribbon leaves in our Romantic Rose Hair Bow Tutorial. Follow the tutorial to make the ribbon leaves not the rose.
3. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot. Leave the Bowdabra Bow Wire attached to the ribbon leaves bow.
4. Glue a strip of blue satin ribbon onto the top of the French clip. Then using the Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the ribbon leaves to the center of the clip. Trim away excess wire.
5. To hide the Bowdabra Bow Wire glue a finishing ribbon onto it. The bow is complete and can be left just as is or add a glam centerpiece.
6. To make the glam centerpiece cut a flower or snowflake shape out of stiff felt – use either a die cutting machine or punches. I used a black felt – to get the gray I dry brushed some white acrylic paint onto it.
7. Next, I hot glued a snowflake button to the center and using a rhinestone setter I attached blue rhinestones along the edges.
8. To complete my glam hair bow I hot glued the felt to the center of the bow.