Create Beautiful Decorations for that Special Occasion with
Bowdabra, The Perfect Tool!
Mother’s Day Bookmark
April 23, 2012
Every child wants to give her mom something for to make her feel loved on Mother’s Day. Today’s project is a simple and inexpensive craft for a child to make for her mom or grandmother for Mother’s Day. It is a great gift on it’s own, but can be added with a special book Mom would enjoy on her special day.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Large paperclip
- 5/8 inch wide sheer organdy cinnamon ribbon
- Spool of tulle
1. Cut a piece of Bowdabra wire approx. 12 inches long, then thread it through a large paper clip.
2. Center the paper clip on the Bowdabra wire, then insert the wire into the Mini Bowdabra without folding it. Adjust the paper clip so it fits in the slot on the Mini Bowdabra as shown in the pictures below.
3. Cut a piece of red ribbon and dovetail the ends. Fold it in half to find the center. Place the center into the Mini Bowdabra. One end will be directly over the paper clip.
4. Make a 1 1/2 inch long loop on left side and place the end into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Make a 1 1/2 inch long loop on the right side and place that end into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Cut a piece of tulle and insert it vertically from the cut end into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Continue scrunching the tulle into the Mini Bowdabra until all the tulle is inserted.
8. Leave the bow in the Mini Bowdabra for now. Gently pick up the ends of the Bowdabra bow wire and secure the bow with a double knot. Trim excess wire. Fluff the tulle to hide the knot.
The project is now ready to slide on a page in your Mom’s favorite book so she can keep her place while reading.