Create Beautiful Decorations for that Special Occasion with
Bowdabra, The Perfect Tool!
Mother’s Day Ribbon Necklaces with Ceramic Pendants
Using upcycled ceramic tiles create a gorgeous Mother’s Day ribbon necklace with handmade pendant. Choose your favorite stamps to design your own stamped charms. I had some leftover ceramic tiles from home improvement project. These little tiles are perfect to recycle into beautiful and unique pendants!
- Ribbon-to-Bead #71972-633 and #71962-621
- Hero Arts Stamps #LP173
- Black Ink Pad
- 24 gauge wire
- Aleene’s Jewelry Glue
- Hot Glue/Tacky Glue
- Sand paper
1. Recycle small tiles from a home improvement project or purchase small tiles at your local home improvement store. These tiles are for a backsplash and cost $4.99 for the kit.
2. Choose your favorite stamps. They should be the same size or smaller than the ceramic tiles.
3. Remove tiles from netting, use sandpaper to remove any netting that might be along the sides. Seal the tiles with varnish or sealant.
4. Place stamps onto tile. Let dry. Add sealant and let dry, again.
5. Cut felt the same size as the tile to be placed onto the back for a nice finished look.
6. Use hot glue or tacky glue to add the felt to the back of the tile.
7. Cut 24 gauge wire long enough to fit around the tile and twist to create a loop at the top of the pendant.
8. Add wire to each ceramic pendant. Next, using Aleene’s Jewelry and Metal Glue place a small bead of glue along the sides of the wire and under the wire loop. Let dry for several hours.
9. Use the Ribbon-to-Bead to hang the pendants. Ribbon-to-Bead has a wire needle attached making it easy to add to beads and pendants.
10. Hang the pendant with a bow on the side.
11. Or hang the pendant with two strands of Ribbon-to-Bead.
12. Mom is sure to love her upcycled handmade ceramic Mother’s Day pendants.