Create Beautiful Decorations for that Special Occasion with
Bowdabra, The Perfect Tool!
Kid Thanksgiving Craft: Giving Thanks Jar
Here is a super easy craft you can help your kids put together in under 30 minutes. My teen and I did this one. This would make a great gift idea for any of their teachers, family or friends. The kids can make and pass the jar around at Thanksgiving for everyone to write what they are thankful for and add it to the jar. Later the jar can be passed around and the slips of paper read. This jar works great for later, too! When you are having an off day, just pull out a few and get reminded what you are thankful for.
There are so many possibilities! What would you do with this jar?
- scrapbook paper
- mason jar
- scrapbook stickers
- glue gun
- tape runner
- 1/4″ sheer ribbon pieces
- 1/8″ or 3/8”³ Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
Head on over to our Bowdabra Store to find the above supplies.
1. With the mason lid as a guide, trace a circle and cut it out. Add a dab of hot glue or use the tape runner to add the paper to the inside of the lid rim.
2. Add stickers or stamps to scrapbook paper. Cut around it and add to a larger piece of paper.
3. Use tape runner to attach the label to the jar. Cut a piece of ribbon to go around the rim and hot glue it to the jar.
4. Cut 24”³ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Add two pieces of scrap ribbon to the Mini Bowdabra. Do this one at a time and spread them out. Find the center of the next ribbon and add it into the Mini Bowdabra. Fold over to make a loop.
6. Take the other side of the ribbon and make another equal sized loop.
7. Squish down the ribbons with the Mini Bowdabra wand. Pull up the Bowdabra Wire and tie off the bow. Don’t cut off the extra wire. Use it to attach ribbon around the rim of the jar.
8. Cut strips of scrapbook paper to write the “giving thanks” items. They can be stored in the jar until ready to use.