Decorate a small 4″ embroidery hoop with tulle ribbon to make a gorgeous handmade Christmas wreath ornament. I found a cheap plastic embroidery hoop at the Dollar Store. Using the Mini Bowdabra, I created simple little scrunchy tulle ribbon bows. I tied the bows to the hoop using the Bowdabra Bow Wire. Then I added little red and green beads to the center of the scrunchy tulle bows and finished the handmade ornament with a red velvet bow.
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- 4″ Embroidery Hoop
- 6″ wide green tulle ribbon
- red velvet ribbon
- red & green beads
- hot glue gun
1. Begin with a plastic 4″ embroidery hoop – found at craft stores and many discount stores.
2. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Cut several strips of 6″ wide green tulle 28″ long. Fold the tulle in half so that it measures 3″ wide. Slowly start to feed the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Fold the tulle ribbon down into the Mini Bowdabra in an accordion fashion, till you get to the end.
5. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
8. Fluff the bow and use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the scrunchy tulle bow to the embroidery hoop.
9. Follow the instructions to make several more bows. Spiral the Bowdabra Bow Wire ends around a pencil for fun ringlets.
10. Hot glue little red and green beads to the center of each scrunchy bow.
11. Use the Mini Bowdabra to make simple bow for the wreath using red velvet ribbon.
12. Hang the Christmas wreath ornament on your holiday tree.