Create Beautiful Decorations for that Special Occasion with
Bowdabra, The Perfect Tool!
Christmas Breads and Yummy Holiday Treats
Christmas breads are a wonderful holiday treat and are often simple to bake. Add a few little sweet treats with the bread and you have a wonderful holiday gift basket, ready to give to a neighbor, co-worker, teacher, or friend. Begin by wrapping cooled bread in saran wrap, next wrap the bread with a holiday kitchen towel, finish with a large Bowdabra Bow. Place the bread and some yummy treats in a holiday basket.
- Baked Bread
- Saran Wrap
- Holiday Kitchen Towel
- Thin beaded garland or thin ribbon
- Tag to label bread
- Christmas Wire Ribbon
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin with cooled homemade bread. Wrap the bread in Saran Wrap and then a holiday dish towel. Tie thin width holiday garland or thin width ribbon onto the bread, finish with a label.
2. To make the bow for the bread: Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold the wire in half and place it into the Bowdabra.
3. Next, cut a strand of ribbon for the bow’s tails. Cut the ends of the ribbon into a dove-tail. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease, at the crease mark press the ribbon into the Bowdabra.
4. Place the ribbon face down into the Bowdabra, fold and twist the ribbon to form your first loop.
5. Fold and twist and form a matching loop on the other side.
6. Fold and twist another ribbon loop. Make the loop slightly smaller than the bottom loop. Fold and twist a matching loop on the other side.
7. Continue to fold and twist the ribbon to form additional layers of loop. Make each layer slightly smaller than the last.
8. Make one final loop to be uses as your bow center. Cut the ribbon from the spool. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra Bow Wand.
9. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
11. Fluff the bow by moving the different sized loops in all directions and form the center loop.
12. Use the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the bow to the bread.
13. Place the bread into a holiday gift basket and add some yummy holiday treats.