Wine glass tags DIY are a wonderful way for guests to identify their wine glass. For me, during holiday celebrations and ringing in the New Year, I am so busy being social I will inadvertently set my glass down and then not remember which one is mine!
These Mini Bowdabra DIY wine glass tags are a perfect and festive way to keep track of your glass, during a party. When I host a party, I love to get friends and family involved in the festivities. Set up a table with the Mini Bowdabra, Bowdabra Bow Wire, and assorted cut ribbon so that guests can make their own wine glass tags. Once they have made the bow, they can then tie the Bowdabra Bow Wire around the stem of their glass. Each glass will be unique and personalized with their own DIY Mini Bowdabra bow.
- Assorted Cut Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. To make a wine glass tag begin by cutting 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and folding it in half. Place the Bowdabra Bow Wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. Next, cut several strands of ribbon to create your tags. Cut three pieces of scrap ribbon 5” in length. Dovetail all three pieces of ribbon. To dovetail both ends: fold the ribbon in half lengthwise. Position your scissors at the folded edge of the ribbon and cut the end at a 45 °angle.
3. Fold each ribbon in half to create a crease. At crease press each ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end.
5. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow. To tie off the bow, pinch the Bowdabra Bow Wire securely against the bow. Twist the bow 4 to 6 times in a clockwise direction.
6. Using the Bowdabra Bow Wire tie the wine glass tag to the stem of the glass.
7. Invite guests to make their own wine glass tags. Cut an assortment of different colored ribbons so that each tag is unique.