Handmade cards are a wonderful thoughtful gift, to send to friends and family. Also, cardmaking is a great way to showcase your creativity. Send luck and cheer this St. Patrick’s Day with this 4 leaf clover card embellished with a Mini Bowdabra bow.
- Green Cardstock
- All Seasons Cardstock
- DCWV Textured Cardstock
- Handmade Paper
- Glitter Letter Stickers
- Gold Adhesive
- 3/8″ Wide Ribbon
- 2 Buttons
- St. Patrick’s Day Luck Coin
- Dry Adhesive
- Mini Bowdabra
- Gold Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
1. Begin by adding layers to your St. Patrick’s Day card. I used the clover pattern from my St. Patrick’s Day wreath tutorial.
2. Add 3/8″ wide ribbon to the top of the card, hold it in place with dry adhesive.
3. To make the bow for the card place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side) onto the Mini Bowdabra. Next, cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Dovetail the end of the ribbon and fold and twist the ribbon and place it at the 4cm mark on the ruler.
5. Create a 3cm bow loop and fold and twist the ribbon.
6. Make a matching loop on the other side.
7. Fold and twist the loop at the 2cm mark.
8. Make a matching loop on the other side.
9. Cut the ribbon and dovetail the end at the 4cm mark.
10. Scrunch the bow down with Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. Thread the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop.
12. Pull the wire tightly.
13. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring the wire around to the back and tie it tightly.
14. Bring the wire to the front of the bow and thread it through two buttons. Tie the wire into a simple bow and trim away excess wire.
15. Using a dry adhesive attach the Mini Bowdabra Bow to the top of your card.
16. Your St. Patrick’s Day card is complete and ready to be sent out.