I am so excited to be a new designer for Bowdabra! However, I have a crafty confession: I have never made a hair bow. But I wanted to use my Mini Bowdabra to help me create something awesome for my daughter who loves Hello Kitty. I used a recycled bottle cap and an old hair barrette to make this gorgeous bow that my seven year old loved!
”¢ 1.5″ wide grosgrain ribbon
”¢ Bowdabra Bow Wire
”¢ Mini Bowdabra
”¢ Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
”¢ Bottle cap
”¢ White paint
”¢ Modge Podge
”¢ Hello Kitty sticker
”¢ Old hair barrette
”¢ E600 or similar adhesive
1. Begin by gathering all your supplies to make the bow.
2. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra. Next, to create a tail press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra position the ribbon at the 2.5″ mark.
3. To make your first loop fold and press the ribbon at the 2.5″ mark.
4. Fold a matching 2.5″ loop on the other side.
5. Continue to fold and press the loops till you have a total of four loops. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. Thread the two loose ends of wire through the loop and pull tightly. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring the wire around the back and knot. Trim a matching tail and seal ribbon.
7. Paint cap white and allow to dry. Apply Hello Kitty sticker to center of bottle cap. Apply a layer of Modge Podge to seal.
8. Apply E-6000 to the back of the bottle cap and adhere to ribbon. Do the same for the hair barrette.
9. My first hair bow I am so proud! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.