My brother-in-law is getting married this October so I have fall colors on my mind! I decided to make a sign a bridal gift that says, “Mr. & Mrs.” that could be used in wedding photos, thank you note photos, and later for decoration around the house. This would be cute hanging in the bride and groom’s first home!
- 1.5″ wide sheer ribbon
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- 8 x 10 wooden sign
- Black paint
- Mod Podge
- 3 ” letters
- Artificial flower
- Hot glue
1. Begin by painting your wooden sign black.
2. After the paint has dried, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge and place your letters. Allow to dry and apply another coat over the letters to seal.
3. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra. Next, to create a tail press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra position the ribbon at the 3″ mark.
4. To make your first loop fold and press the ribbon at the 3″ mark. Fold a matching 3″ loop on the other side.
5. Continue to fold and press the loops till you have a total of three loops. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6.Thread the two loose ends of wire through the loop and pull tightly. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring the wire around the back and knot. Hot glue a flower to the center and hot glue the bow to the sign.
7. Add an optional ribbon to the back for hanging and now you have a great handmade wedding gift!