Create Beautiful Decorations for that Special Occasion with
Bowdabra, The Perfect Tool!
Kids Craft Make Stained Glass Mason Jars
Design stained glass mason jars using Mod Podge and tissue paper. This is a fun kids craft, best of all, children can get creative with the color of the tissue paper and add their own individual style. Make several stained glass jars and add battery operated tealights into the center. During summer family gatherings place the handmade stained glass mason jars around the patio. Finish each mason jar with a Mini Bowdabra Bow!
- Assorted Tissue Paper
- Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- 3/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin by gathering the supplies you will need to make your own stained glass mason jars.
2. Next, have children tear pieces of colorful tissue paper. The tissue paper should vary in size and shape but not be bigger than a couple of inches.
3. Use a foam brush to brush the Mod Podge on the inside of the jar.
4. Once the jar is completely covered begin to place the tissue paper against the sides.
5. Helpful Hint – To easily place the paper place it on the end of your foam brush and press it against the side of the jar.
6. Cover the entire inside of the jar with pieces of tissue paper.
7. Let the jar dry for several hours. While the jar is drying make a cute Mini Bowdabra Bow for the outside of the jar. Begin by gathering the materials you will need. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to create a 3″ tail. Next, fold the ribbon to form a loop at the 2″ mark.
9. Fold a matching loop on the other side and trim the ribbon at the 3″ mark.
10. Scrunch down the ribbon with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Next, take the wire tails and thread them through the loop. p>
11. Pull the wire tightly.
12. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring the wire around the back of the bow and knot it.
13. Fluff the bow and use the wire to tie it onto your stained glass mason jar.