Create Beautiful Decorations for that Special Occasion with
Bowdabra, The Perfect Tool!
DIY Pet Birthday Party Hats
Having a birthday party or celebration? Let your pets join in on the festivities with their very own party hats.
These DIY hats will work for both cats and dogs. Design the hats according to the size of your pets, add a bow, and finish with an elastic to keep the hat snugly in place.
- Thin Cardboard (Snack or cereal boxes)
- Brightly Colored Cardstock
- Thin Width Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Thin Elastic
- Gems or Buttons
- Glue Stick
- Glue Gun
1. Begin by gathering all your craft materials.
2. Cut a birthday party hat pattern out from cardboard. I used little snack boxes because my dogs are small. Have a larger dog? – use a cereal box. Be sure to notch out the top and add a tab to glue it in place.
3. Cut out several hat patterns.
4. Glue cardstock to the top of the cardboard.
5. Roll the hat patterns into shape and glue the tab to the side. Glue a piece of accent ribbon to the bottom.
6. To make the bow for the front of the hat place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
7. To create the bow tail place the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the 2″ mark.
8. Fold and press the ribbon at the 1.5″ mark to make your first loop.
9. Continue fold and pressing the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra to make additional loops. When you have the amount of loops you want cut the ribbon at the 2″ mark to make your second tail.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. >
11. Place the two tails of Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop and pull tightly.
12. Bring the wire around the back of the bow and knot.
13. Fluff the bow and glue it onto the party hat. Add a gem to the center of the bow and spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire.
14. Hot glue elastic to the bottom of the hat.
15. Follow the instructions to make several pet party hats.
16. Pets can wear for birthdays or other celebrations.
17. Have several pets? They all can wear hats! I snapped a photo of my dogs wearing the hats. Though, it is nearly in possible to get three dogs to sit still and keep their eyes open all at the same time (obviously).