Grandparents Day is coming soon, celebrate the day with a homemade gift. Create a ribbon bookmark with beaded charms and finish with Mini Bowdabra Bow. Make a fancy ribbon bookmark for Nana with lots of beads and charms and create a simple ribbon bookmark for Grandpa.
- 7/8″ wide satin ribbon
- 3/8″ wide satin ribbon
- ribbon clasp
- jump rings
- assorted beads
- alphabet letters
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make the bookmark.
2. Attach the clasp to the ribbon and add beads and charms.
3. Dovetail the other end of the ribbon.
4. To make the bow for the bookmark place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Dovetail the end of the 3/8″ wide ribbon and place it into the Mini Bowdabra at the 1″ mark.
6. Fold and press the ribbon at the 1″ mark to make your first loop.
7. Make a matching loop on the other side.
8. Fold two more loops at the 1″ mark and cut the ribbon and dovetail the end.
9. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Thread the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop.
10. Pull the wire tightly.
11. Bring the wire around to the back of the bow and knot.
12. Thread a bead onto the wire and trim away excess wire.
13. Glue the bow to the ribbon bookmark.
14. Give the bookmark and a book as a gift for Grandparent’s Day.