I love making little gifts or party favors for friends. One of my favorite projects is to take a Mason jar or any empty glass jar and fill it up with treats. The Mini Bowdabra comes in handy for these projects because I can top them with the perfect little bow. Enjoy this super easy, under 30 minute craft. I gather all of my supplies and make a lot of these at once. Then I have them on hand to pass out.
- Mini Bowdabra Kit
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Various pieces of festive ribbon, bakers twine
- Mason jar with lid
- Cupcake liners
- Cookie cutter
1. Begin by gathering all the craft supplies.
2. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18” of Bowdabra Bow and fold it half and place it in.
3. Add 12 inches of bakers twine or small ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the center.
4. Add 18 inches of festive ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the center.
5. Fold the ribbon at the 2” mark to make your first loop.
6. Repeat loop on other side.
7. Make another loop on both sides , folding the ribbon at the 1″ mark.
8. Take small scraps of festive ribbon and add them to the middle of the Mini Bowdabra. Then scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Place the two tail ends of the wire through the loop.
9.Pull tightly. Remove the bow and tie the wire onto the back. Fluff the ribbon.
10. Fill jar with confetti, scraps of paper, etc and candy. Add a cupcake liner to the lid of the Mason jar and screw lid on jar. If using a different type of recycled jar without the opening then skip this step.
11. Tie bow to cookie cutter with the Bowdabra Wire. Tie the ribbon around the lid of the jar using the bakers twine.
12. Wrap the extra Bowdabra Wire around a pen to make it curly.
Project created by Bowdabra Designer, Susie. Click to find out more.