Create Beautiful Decorations for that Special Occasion with
Bowdabra, The Perfect Tool!
Valentine’s Day Crafts: Mini Bowdabra Heart Hair Bow
Using the woven ribbon hearts we designed in the previous tutorial make a beautiful Mini Bowdabra hair bow. Add several layers of boutique style bows and finish the hair bow with stacked woven ribbon hearts
- Woven Ribbon Hearts (Tutorial Here)
- 26″ of 1.5″ wide Grosgrain (for Boutique Bow with Tails)
- Assorted Korker Ribbon
- 26″ of 7/8″ wide Grosgrain (for Pointed Bows) x2
- Hair Clip Lined with Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Hot Glue Gun
- Lighter or Clear Nail Polish to seal the ribbon
1. Begin with the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler on the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half, place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
2. To make the 5″ wide Boutique Bow with tails cut 26″ of ribbon. Fold the ribbon in half to create a crease. At the crease mark press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
3. Fold the ribbon in the Mini Bowdabra and leave the 2″ tails. For more information on making the the Boutique Bow with tails – please refer to the Interactive CD that accompanies the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler.
4. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
5. Add korker ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra and scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
6. To make the pointed bows use two pieces of same sized ribbon cut 26″ long. Place the ends of the ribbon together in the Mini Bowdabra.
7. Create a point with the ribbon at the 2.5″ mark. Press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Continue creating points, a total of four. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
9. Thread the two tail ends of wire through the loop. Pull the wire tightly. Remove the bow and knot it in the back.
10. Fluff the bow and separate the points.
11. Use the Bowdabra Bow Wire to tie the clip onto the back of the bow. Trim away excess wire.
12. Glue a finishing ribbon around the center of the bow to hide the wire.
13. Make several woven ribbon hearts. Begin to glue them to the center of the bow.
14. Add a final heart to the center of the bow.
15. Your Valentine hair clip is complete and ready to be worn.