Create a beautiful centerpiece for Mardi Gras using tulle ribbon and a Styrofoam ball. Pin the tulle along the ball and set it into a paper mache planter. Finish the DIY craft with a fun Mini Bowdabra Bow.
- 12″ strips of Tulle
- Large Styrofoam Ball
- Styrofoam Pins
- Ribbon for Bow
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Embellishment for the front of the bow
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make this craft.
2. Cut strips of tulle 12″ long. Take 3 strips of tulle fold them in half and place the floral pin around them.
3. Place the pin into the Styrofoam ball.
4. Cut the looped end of the tulle.
5. Continue to add strips of tulle to the ball and pin them down.
6. Fill just the top half of the ball.
7. Place the tulle cover ball down into the Styrofoam planter.
8. To make the bow for the centerpiece cut 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold it in half. Place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra place the wire inside.
9. To make your bow place the ribbon at the 3″ mark.
10. Fold and press your first loop on the other side.
11. Make a matching loops on each side and finish with a tail.
12. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wand.
13. Place the two wires through the loop.
14. Pull the wire tightly.
15. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and bring it around the back and knot.
16. Fluff the bow and hot glue an embellishment on the front. Spiral the remaining Bowdabra Bow Wire.
17. Hot glue the bow to the front of the centerpiece.
18. Your centerpiece is ready to be displayed.