In just a few simple steps you can make your own small candy dish Leprechaun hat for St. Patty’s Day! Use any disposable cup you want and decorate the outside with construction paper. This a fun craft that kids can help you make!
- Disposable Cup
- Construction Paper
- Pipe Cleaner
- Hot Glue or Tacky Glue
- Gold Sparkle Paper
1. Begin by gathering the materials you will need. Cut a strip of construction paper to the length you will need to wrap around your disposable cup.
2. Glue the ends of the paper and insert the cup.
3. Cut a circle for the brim of the hat.
4. Glue the paper cylinder onto the circle.
5. Add ribbon and gold sparkle paper to the hat.
6. To make the shamrock cut a pipe cleaner in half. Form a heart at the end of one half.
7. Cut the half, in half again, form a second heart and attach it to the original pipe cleaner.
8. Form a final heart and attach it to the pipe cleaner.
9. Place a gem in the center and glue it onto the cup.