Create your own do-it-yourself baptism invitations and embellish them with a sheer Bowdabra Bow. Tricia Nave of Tricia’s Cards shares her step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own custom cards. Add your own finishing touches and color combos.
- Silk Flower
- Sheer Ribbon
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Hot Glue
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make your own baptism invitations.
2. Cut out the designs and card stock for making the invitations.
3. Gather doilies and an ink pad.
4. Cover some of the edges with ink.
5. To make the bow cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Fold and press the sheer ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra. Create two loops and leave two tails.
7. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. Tie the wire tightly and remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra. Knot the back and trim away excess wire.
8. Gather gems, tweezers and a hot glue gun.
9. Glue gems onto the doily. Add the layout to a blank card. Finish with the Mini Bowdabra Bow. Glue a silk flower in the center.
10. Finish the back of the card.
11. Design another bow with doily for the front of the envelope.