Here is a super fun and creative kids craft! Using bow tie noodles have children paint them all sorts of bright fun colors. Attach the painted bow tie noodles to Bowdabra Bows and glue them onto snap clips.
Boys can attach their painted bow tie noodles to a ribbon and use it for an actual bow tie!
- Bow Tie Noodles
- Assorted Ribbon 5.5″ long
- Snap Clips
- Acrylic Paint
- Hot Glue and/or E6000 Glue
- Mini Bowdabra
- Hair Bow Tool & Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin with bow tie noodles and acrylic paint.
2. Paint both sides of the bow ties and let dry. For vibrant colors it may take two coats of paint.
2. To make the ribbon bows place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (metric side) onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut an assortment of ribbon 5.5″ in length.
3. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
4. Place the end of the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra.
5. Fold the ribbon over and place the other end into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Press the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra and use the ruler as your guide to create even loops.
7. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
8. Thread the Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop.
9. Pull the wire tightly.
10. Bring the wire around to the back of the bow and knot it.
11. Trim away excess wire and fluff the bow.
12. Glue the bow tie noodle onto the ribbon noodle. To adhere the bow to the snap clip; you can either sand the finish a little to make the hot glue stick better or use E6000 glue.
13. Follow the instructions to make several bows and hair clips.