Looking for a no-mess Easter egg decorating idea? Dress up eggs with lace, twine, and charms. I used glitter Styrofoam eggs but hardboiled dyed eggs would work, too. I purchased my eggs at the Dollar Store, the eggs were already colored they just need some fun embellishments and a Mini Bowdabra Bow!
- Glitter Styrofoam Eggs
- Mini Bowdabra/Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
- Styrofoam Glue or Dry Adhesive
1. Begin by gathering all the supplies you will need to make this craft.
2. Using Styrofoam glue or a dry adhesive glue adhere lace to the glitter egg.
3. Next, wrap twine around the egg several times and tie it in place.
4. Add lace and twine to an assortment of eggs.
5. To make the bows for the eggs place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire fold the wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
6. Begin by placing the twine at the 2.5″ mark.
7. Form a loop at the 2″ mark.
8. Form a matching loop on the other side.
9. Continue making several 2″ loops.
10. Cut the twine at the 2.5″ mark for a matching bow tail. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. Thread the Bowdabra Bow Wire tails through the loop.
12. Pull the wire tightly.
13. Remove the twine bow from the Mini Bowdabra and knot the back.
14. Attach a charm to the center of the bow using the Bowdabra Bow Wire.
15. Tie the bow onto the twine that was wrapped around the egg. Spiral the remaining wire around a pencil to create fun ringlets.
16. Follow the instructions to make a matching bow. Make several more bows or just tie the charms onto the egg using the Bowdabra Bow Wire.