Kim, from Exquisitely Unremarkable, shares her latest recycled fashion craft idea. Transform a plain pullover
sweater into an exquisite ribbon cardigan! With a little sewing knowledge and few easy steps you to can make this! Finish your upcycled cardi with a beautiful Mini Bowdabra Bow.
- 1.5 inch thick grosgrain ribbon
- .5 inch grosgrain ribbon
- Sewing machine
- Mini Bowdabra with Ruler
- Bowdabra Wire
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need to make this craft.
2. Cut the sweater down the center to create your cardigan sweater. To finish the edges of the cardigan use 1.5″ grosgrain ribbon.
3. Begin to sew the ribbon to the sweater.
5. Sew both sides of the cardigan using the grosgrain.
6. Your sweater will look similar to this when finished.
7. Make the bow for the sweater by placing the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire and fold the wire in half. Place the wire into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Form the bow onto the Mini Bowdabra use the ruler as your guide to create exact bow loops.
9. Sew snaps onto the top of the cardigan. Hand-stitch one to the cardigan and one to the back of the bow.
10. Your plain pullover transformed into a beautiful ribbon cardi is complete.