It is always fun to recycle items and use craft items on hand to see what you can create. Design your own pendant variation with the step-by-step tutorial below.
- Soda Can Tab
- E6000 Glue
- 24 Gauge Wire
- Jump Rings
- Seed Beads
- Large Bead for Hanging
- Jewelry Tools
- Small Hole Puncher
- Mini Bowdabra with Ruler
- Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Begin by gathering all the materials you will need for this craft.
2. Remove a soda can tab from the can. I used metal cutting scissors to cut my tab from the can as to not destroy it.
3. Wrap 24 gauge wire around the tab and add a few seed beads.
4. Use jump rings to add a hanging charm.
5. Hole punch a small hole for a jump ring.
6. Glue a bead to the tab using E6000 jewelry glue.
7. To make a bow for the pendant place the Hair Bow Tool & Ruler onto the Mini Bowdabra. Cut 12″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire, fold the wire in half and place it into the Mini Bowdabra.
8. Place the end of the ribbon into the Mini Bowdabra at the 2″ mark. Fold and press the ribbon to form a loop at the 1.5″ mark.
9. Form a matching loop and tail on the other side.
10. Scrunch down with the Mini Bowdabra Wand.
11. Thread the two wire ends through the loop. Pull the wire tightly.
12. Remove the bow from the Mini Bowdabra and knot the wire in the back of the bow. Glue the bow onto the pendant.
13. Use ribbon to hang your pendant.
14. Wear or give as a gift!
Click on —> Earth Day for more Recycled Craft inspiration!!!