Do your guests forget where they set their wine glasses at your Holiday parties? Wine glass charms are an easy way to remember and with a monogrammed letter it’s even easier. These little wine glass charms work great as a place setting and a party favor. Your guests can take home their glass when the party is over. Monogrammed charms are inexpensive at craft stores and the dollar stores have a great assortment of wine glasses and goblets. Is your party a non-drinking event? Don’t fret you can do the same with a water goblet or any sort of glass and fill it with Christmas candy. The Mini Bowdabra bow maker with the hair bow tool and ruler make this project quick and easy. You can make a set of monogrammed favors in a just a few minutes!
Note: If some of your guests have names that start with the same letter, simply change up the ribbon color.
You will need:
- Mini Bowdabra and the Mini Bowdabra hair bow tool and ruler
- Monogram charms
- 1-inch wide sheer gold trimmed ribbon
- Pencil or small paintbrush
- Cut an 18-inch piece of bow wire, fold in half and insert into the bow maker. You will have a loop at one side and two pieces of wire at the other.
- Cut another piece of bow wire 6 inches long. Thread through the hole in the top of the monogram charm and tie a knot. Set aside.
- Cut a piece of the one-inch wide ribbon 6 inches long. Fold each end and cut into a dovetail. Twist and insert into the bow maker.
- Cut another piece of one-inch wide ribbon 10 inches long. Insert the end into the bow maker. Make a loop to the 1 ½” line. Make a matching loop on the other side. End with a ½” piece of ribbon.
- Insert the monogram charm with the bow wire.
- Scrunch down with the wand.
- Insert the two loose ends through the loop and pull tight while the bow in still in the bow maker. Remove from the bow maker and tie a knot in the back. Cut any excess wire off and adjust your bow and charm.
- Tie to the stem of a wine glass. Use the end of a pencil or small paintbrush to curl the excess bow wire into a spiral and pull up.