Laura Lunsford from Crafty lawyer creates was the second designer chosen to receive a Bowdabra Mega kit in the Totally tutorials design challenge. Her design featured a an easy to make package bow that is a just the right touch for any gift!
If you are a crafter of any type the Bowdabra is a handy tool and easy to use. It basically holds your ribbon for you so you can get a pretty bow very quickly. Even a small one like I used on my box here. The little box is 2.25 inches square. The ribbon is 1.5 ” ribbon.
You will need:
Bowdabra Bow Maker
Bowdabra Bow Wire
1 ½” ribbon in choice of color
- Cut the Bowdabra bow wire to 30″. Fold the wire in half so it makes a loop and place it in the Bowdabra with the loop on one side.
- At this point I like to turn my Bowdabra so I can make sure my loops are even. Lay the ribbon in the Bowdabra
- Fold the ribbon over and go back and forth. I like to twist the ribbon as I pull it to the next loop.
- I like to make my loops smaller as I go up so the bow is nice and round on top.
- Scrunch the bow down using the Bowdabra Wand (included with the Bowdabra)
- Pull your bow out and fluff it. I like to pull the loops in opposite directions. That’s all there is to it! Now enjoy your pretty bow.
Be sure to visit Laura at A crafty lawyer creates for more of her awesome craft tutorials.