Last month Bowdabra participated in a Tutorial exchange at totally tutorials. Joy from xoxograndma.blogspot.com designed this gorgeous Valentine wreath we are sharing today. Be sure to visit Joy and see all of her other creative projects. It’s quick and easy and very inexpensive!
There are 7 easy steps to complete this project. Plan about an hour to make this cute heart ribbon wreath.
- Heart tinsel wreath (I found my wreath at my local dollar store.)
- Red ribbon
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Heart tinsel
- Bowdabra bow maker
- Fold the Bow wire in half and insert into the Bowdabra bow maker. You will have a loop at one end and two pieces of wire at the other.
- Add about 2″ of red ribbon into both sides of the center of the tool; twisting the ribbon as you add two layers of ribbon loops per side.
- Add 6″ of red heart tinsel on top of the ribbon.
- Remove the ribbon from the Bowdabra tool by lifting the gold cord and looping the ends together.
- Pull on the Bow wire tightly and loop the wire around the ribbon one more time and tie it into a knot. Repeat the first 5 steps until you have 13 ribbon bundles or stop with just three ribbon bundles for a simpler look.
- Tie the ribbon bundles to the back side of the tinsel wreath and twist the ribbon so it looks how you like it. You can stop at this point for a simpler look or continue to make more of the ribbon bundles for a complete heart.
- Add some of the leftover heart tinsel to the back side of the heart and twist the tinsel together to use as a holder for your wreath.
Making this project is so simple! The wreath would also be fun to use for a wedding or anniversary and could be made from any combination of colors.
Watch as Sandy shows you how to make beautiful fold bows in the Bowdabra Bow Maker