A large plastic egg container is easy to transform into a cute Bowdabra bow tie bunny. Fill him with jellybeans, chocolate candy or even small gifts. The egg container was only a dollar at a local craft store. Add some pompoms, wiggle eyes, chenille stems and some paint and before you know it you have the Bowdabra bow tie bunny! Wouldn’t he look terrific in the Easter basket this year?
- Large plastic egg container
- White bump chenille stem
- Two large wiggle eyes
- Two large white pompoms
- One medium pink pompom
- Black enamel paint in a squeeze bottle
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Scrap of white poster board
- 14 inches of 1 ½” wide burlap chick ribbon
- Gather your supplies.
- Bend a white bump chenille stem so that the two thin ends meet. Cut the chenille stem and twist the thin ends together to a point. (Ear) Do the same to the other piece of chenille stem. Bend the loop end slightly and attach to the top outside of the egg with a glue gun. Repeat for other ear.
- Attach two white pompoms side by side on the front of the egg with the glue gun. (Cheeks) Add some more hot glue in between the two white pompoms and attach a medium pink pompom. (Nose)
- Add some more glue and attach two wiggle eyes above the white pompoms.
- Use the squeeze bottle of enamel paint to make three whiskers on each side of the cheeks.
- Cut a small square of poster board and glue under the nose.
- Cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 18 inches long. Fold in half and insert into the Bowdabra bow maker. You will have a loop on one side and two pieces of wire on the other.
- Since the ribbon is printed on one side you will need to twist the ribbon as you insert it into the bow maker.
- Make a loop, twist and make a matching loop on the other side.
- End with a small tail. Scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand. Insert the two wire ends through the loop and pull tight. Remove from the bow maker and tie a knot in the back. Cut off the excess bow wire.
- Arrange the bow and use the hot glue gun to attach it to the bunny for his bow tie.
Hope you enjoy making the Bowdabra bow tie bunny and be sure to visit Bowdabra designer Crystal at Make it easy crafts for more craft tutorials and recipes.