Got paper, got books? Well then you need a giant Bowdabra giant clip bookmark paper herder! It’s so easy to do that you will want to make a different color for everyone in the house. The Bowdabra bookmark clip bookmark is a super end of year teacher gift too!
My husband calls me an impulse shopper. I have to admit he has a point. Sometimes I make a run to the grocery store for a loaf of bread and come back with a shopping cart full of things. Maybe the strawberries just jumped off the shelf and into my cart. What, you say, why didn’t I just grab one of those baskets? Of course I did but as things kind of toppled into the basket it started to get heavy, and well, I upgraded.
Anyway it’s no different when I stroll through a discount department store. The stationary department is a particular favorite with pens, pencils and all sorts of paper and do-dads. These giant paper clips practically screamed at me to buy them so what’s a girl to do?
8-inch piece of 5/8” wide grosgrain ribbon
18 inches 1 ½” sheer ribbon in a matching color
Jumbo paper clips
Clear nail polish or lighter to seal the ribbon
Small bead or pearl
Bowdabra mini bow maker
Bowdabra bow wire
Glue gun and glue sticks
- Cut an 8-inch piece of 5/8” wide grosgrain ribbon. Fold the ends in half and cut at an angle to dovetail the ends. Use a lighter or clear nail polish to seal the ends from fraying.
- Fold the ribbon in half and insert into the top of the paper clip. Bring the ends through the loop and pull tight into a knot. Adjust the two ends at the top of the paper clip so that they are laying flat one over the other.
- Fold an 18-inch piece of Bowdabra bow wire in half and insert into the mini bow maker. You will have a loop at one end and two loose ends at the other.
- Insert the 1 ½” wide sheer ribbon directly into the bow maker from the top. Scrunch the ribbon in the bow maker till you get to the end. The ribbon piles up like an accordion.
- Use the wand to push down the ribbon tightly.
- Thread the two loose ends through the loop end of the bow wire and pull tight, remove from the bow maker tie a knot in the back. Fluff the rosette.
- Use the glue gun to attach the rosette to the top of the ribbon in the clip. Add a coordinating color bead to the center of the rosette with some glue.
Visit Bowdabra designer Crystal at Make it easy crafts for more quick and easy craft tutorials.