You can make easy elegant napkin rings out of a recycled paper towel roll and the Bowdabra mini Bow maker. These napkin rings are so inexpensive that you will want to make some for all your friends and relatives as well. I found these adorable mesh look flowers at the dollar store and used some scrap ribbon and felt to create a whole set in less than an hour. Crafting is a fun family affair so let the kids help too!
Cardboard tube from the inside of a paper towel roll
7/8” wide grosgrain ribbon in green
Decorative flower embellishment
Thick tacky glue
Bowdabra mini Bow maker with ruler
Bowdabra bow wire
Glue gun and hot glue sticks
Lighter to burn the ribbon edges to prevent fraying (You may use clear nail polish if desired)
- Measure and cut a section of the paper towel roll 1 ½”. This will be the napkin ring base. Cut a piece of green felt 1 ½” x 6”.
- Put two fingers in the cardboard tube piece and spread an ample amount of tacky glue all around. Attach the felt all around and trim off any excess edges. Let dry. You can set the napkin ring base aside while you make the flower.
- Cut three 5 ½” lengths of the green grosgrain ribbon. Fold the ends and cut to a point. Run a lighter quickly over the pointed edges to seal and prevent fraying.
- Cut an 18-inch piece of bow wire in half and insert into the bow maker. You will have a loop at one end and two wires at the other.
- Insert the prepared ribbon pieces into the bow maker one at a time fanning out until you have added all three pieces. Add the flower on top and scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose pieces of wire through the loop and pull tightly. Remove from the bow maker. Turn onto the back and tie a knot. Cut all the excess wire off and adjust the flower and leaves.
- To finish, use a hot glue gun and hot glue sticks to attach the completed flower on the napkin ring on the seam area. (Where the ends of the felt meet)
- Add a napkin and enjoy. Repeat all the steps for as many napkin rings as you need.
Visit Bowdara designer Crystal at Make it easy crafts for more fun and easy craft tutorials and recipes!