It’s July and Bowdabra is celebrating Christmas in July with this cute gingerbread man hair bow. There are only 5 months left before Christmas so be prepared and start crafting right now. When Christmas rolls around you can relax and enjoy the season!
Note: You can make this bow without the hair bow tool and ruler but I find it easier to use it for perfect sizing when making bows. The Bowdabra hair bow tool and ruler is an extra attachment for your Mini Bowdabra that you may purchase separately.
- Bowdabra Mini bow maker
- Bowdabra hair bow tool and ruler
- 1 ½” wide faux burlap wired ribbon
- White rickrack, small size
- Tiny white pompoms
- Small wiggle eyes
- Scrap of red felt
- Glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Scrap of tan felt
- Alligator clip
- Gather your supplies. Cut three pieces of the tan ribbon, 10” (legs) 8” (arms) 4” (head)
- Starting with the 10” piece of ribbon fold in half to find the center. Then fold each end to the center. Twist the fold on one end and press down. Overlap where the ends meet slightly. Repeat for the other end. (See photos)
- Repeat step 2 with the 8” piece of ribbon.
- Fold the 4” piece of ribbon in half and scrunch the ends together.
- Cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 18” long. Fold in half and insert into the Mini Bowdabra. You will have a loop on one side and two loose wires on the other.
- Scrunch the larger folded ribbon piece (10″) in the center and insert into the bow maker. Guiding the ends downward.
- Next insert the second largest piece of ribbon (8″) in the center guiding these ends upwards.
- Insert the folded 4” piece of ribbon in the bow maker at the open edges. Scrunch down with the wand.
- Insert the two loose wire ends through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the bow maker. Remove from the bow maker and tie a knot. (There is no need to turn over since the back will be the front on this bow) Pull the head up and adjust the arms and legs.
- Cut one piece of rickrack 1 ½” long and four pieces 1” long. Glue the larger piece across the head and the smaller pieces on the arms and legs. Glue on two tiny pompoms down the front and cut a small piece of felt the shape of a bow tie and glue at the neck.
- To attach the hair clip, cut an oval shape out of tan felt and cut two slits on each side. Slide the alligator clip through the slits and glue to the back of the hair bow.
Hop on over to Make it easy crafts for more craft tutorials and recipes by Bowdabra designer Crystal!