It’s the time for sunshine and flowers and you can easily make a sunflower hair bow using the Mini Bowdabra bow maker.
This bow has a barrette clip and longer tails and It looks great attached to the top of a pony tail.
I have some friends that have beautiful thick long hair. They absolutely love these gorgeous sunflower hair bows!
15 inches of bowdabra wire
4 feet of yellow grosgrain ribbon
Silk Black Eyed Susan flower head
Lady bug accent piece
1. Gather your supplies
2. Fold your wire in half and place into the mini bowdabra
3. Fold your ribbon in half
4. At the half point, pinch your ribbon as shown and insert into the middle of the mini bowdabra.
5. Starting with the right side, bring the ribbon over in a loop of about 4 inches. Pinch the ribbon and insert into the center of the bowdabra.
6. Bring the left side of the ribbon over the first loop you have made.
7. Pinch this part at 4 inches and push down into the center of the bowdabra.
8. You now have two loops crossing each other. Gently pinch these loops and adjust so that all four loops are the same size.
9. Using the bowdabra wand, push the center down making a 4 loop bow.
10. Pull up the bowdabra wire, insert the two loose ends into the loop end, pull and tighten. You can adjust your bow again if you need to.
11. Turn the bow over, tighten and tie off.
12. Hot glue a barrette clip to the back of the bow.
13. Put hot glue on the back side of your flower.
14. Turn flower over and press into the middle point of your bow.
15. Put a small drop of glue near the corner of the bow.
16. Attach the lady bug accent.
Note: Have fun adding different accents to the hair bow like this cute dragonfly!
Visit Bowdabra designer Pat on her Facebook page for more of her beautiful floral creations!