Flowers are thriving outside so why not create a beautiful felt flower hair bow to wear anywhere? It’s easy and inexpensive. Don’t stop at a hair bow though. You can use these felt flowers in a myriad of ways. Try using them for beautiful package decorations and wreaths. You only use a bit of scrap felt and your mini Bowdabra so they are a wonderful way to use up leftover craft supplies.
- Pink felt (you can change the color to suit)
- Green felt
- Bowdabra bow wire
- Mini Bowdabra
- Bowdabra hair bow tool and ruler (optional)
- Cabochon, rhinestone or button
- Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- Alligator clip lined with 7/8” x 3” ribbon in coordinating color
- Gather your supplies. Measure and cut three pieces of pink felt 4” x 2 ½”. Also from pink felt cut two pieces ¾ ” x 2 ½.” For the leaves cut from green felt cut one piece 5” x 2 ½” and one piece 4” x 2 ½”. Use the scissors to round the ends off all the pieces of pink felt only. (See photo) Cut the ends of the green felt pieces to a point.
- Cut a piece of Bowdabra bow wire 18 inches and fold in half. Insert into the Mini bow maker. You will have a loop on one side and two pieces of wire on the other. Fold these ends under so that they will be out of the way while you are working.
- Insert the longest green piece of felt into the bow maker. Next, insert the shorter piece in the bow maker.
- Insert the longer pieces of pink felt into the bow maker one at a time varying the directions a bit each time.
- Add the short pink felt one at a time into the bow maker in an X like direction and scrunch down with the Bowdabra wand.
- Insert the two loose wires through the loop and pull tight while the bow is still in the bow maker. (Slipknot) Remove the bow from the bow maker, turn it over and tie a knot in the back. Turn back to the right side and adjust the petals and leaves. Turn over and tie another knot for extra security.
- Cover an alligator clip with a piece of 7/8” ribbon. Attach to the back of the bow.
- Use the hot glue gun to add a cabochon, rhinestone or button to the center of the flower.